0km out of 1217km so far
The storm hit us hard overnight with buckets of water and strong winds. The forecast mentioned gusts of wind reaching 30+ mph. Luckily the tents were well covered within the trees, so even if the fly was wet, no water penetrated the tent. The weather didn’t look good at all in the morning though, so me and Garry decided to stay on the same spot one more day. The rain is much of a problem, but with such a strong south winds we wouldn’t be able to go that far. It’s also a bit dangerous on the highway, especially trying to cross the bridges that are exposed to the elements. After all, I didn’t mind taking the day off to rest.
We spend the entire morning in the hospitality center of the campground to keep warm and dry and took advantage of the free coffee and tea. Later on the day we put on our raincoats and walked a couple of kilometers down the road for lunch and get some supplies for dinner.
By the time we got back, the rain had stopped, the sky had cleared and the sun was out. We went to the beach for a long walk. More dark clouds were on the horizon, indicating that the storm was not over, but apparently the wind will drop by tomorrow, so hopefully we will be able to move on.